There’s no doubt that using a heating pad for back pain is a great way…
The 2 Best Infrared Heating Pads For Back Pain (2017)
Plus, I hated the fact that the minute I turned it off, the pain came right back.
And then I discovered infrared heating pads.
Infrared light therapy is the wave of the future in the natural health and wellness world. Unfortunately, most people are still not aware of the superior benefits of infrared heating, compared to electric heating.
Table of Contents
Infrared Heating Pads vs. Regular Electric Heating Pads
Electric heating pads use electric heating coils, which not only emit high levels of electromagnetic radiation, but only heat your skin (or burn it, as has happened to so many people).
On the other hand, far infrared heating pads use natural stones, such as Jade, to deliver deep penetrating heat (infrared rays) which can penetrate all the way to your bones and create a uniform warming effect – without any side effects or risks.
The Top 2 Infrared Heating Pads (2017)
As with every other back pain products, not all infrared heating pads are created equal.
Since these heating pads are more expensive than conventional heating pads, it’s important to know how to choose the highest quality ones.
Below you’ll find the 2 highest rated infrared heating pads. Both of them “do the job” and can dramatically relieve back pain – naturally and safely.
#1 – UTK Infrared Heating Pad
The UTK Infrared Healing Pad features far-infrared heat (delivered via natural Jade stones) and negative ions (more about that below).
- Heats up fast
- Jade stones and negative ions
- Extra long electric cord
- Temp. and time controller
- Velcro strap keeps it in place
- May be a little heavy for the elderly
What You Get:
1. 5000 hours worth of continuous operation.
2. Electronic control for temperature and time (from 0-240 minutes by 15 minutes increments)
works fairly intuitively and easily.
3. Heats up in less than 10 minutes as described in the manual.
4. Digital timer on it so it shuts off automatically (Important plus convenient).
5. Comes in 3 sizes – small, Medium and Large. If your pain is only in your lower back for example, you may just need the small (15” x 19”).
6. Flexible and can be wrapped around any part of your body.
7. Portable and compatable for both AC110-120 volts and AC220-240 volts.
8. Can be used at home, in the car, on your office chair – basically anywhere.
9. The electrical cord is extra long (8.5 foot), making for a more convenient hookup.
10. The velcro strap keeps the pad in place throughout your entire treatment session.
11. One year warranty.
How it Works
When the jade is heated, it emits far-infrared heat that penetrates deep into your body and relieves pain, improves blood circulation, reduces tension and stress and in time – improves muscle flexibility.
Jade is known as a healing stone and has been known to boost depleted spirits. It provides a steady stream of positive energy that help you slowly recover from past problems.
Jade can also be used to increase longevity and luck (of course, it’s not scientifically proven to do that…)
To get the right temperature, you can crank it all the way up to the highest heat level possible. Within 5 minutes the pad is really warm and you can adjust downward with no problems.
What’s the Purpose of the Negative Ions?
Negative ions are molecules with an extra electron that your body can absorb. They’re found in abundance at waterfalls, mountains, beaches and in the air after a rainstorm.
Numerous scientific studies indicate that once they reach our bloodstream, they produce biochemical reactions that help calm and relieve stress, alleviate depression, boost our daytime energy and increase improve our immune system.
The UTK infrared heating pad is designed to be used either on top of or underneath your body.
The soft format allows the pad to conform to the shape of your couch or chair or lounger, as well as drape over the body area that you want to treat.
When Can You Expect Results?
Most people feel the amazing pain relieving effect of infrared pad therapy – almost immediately, usually in up to 30 minutes.
Others may need a few days to feel results. It really depends on the severity of your back pain and how often you use it.
Use the infrared therapy healing pad as often as you can in your normal daily schedule, in the car, in the office or while watching a movie, and before you go to sleep (to avoid back pain at night).
#2 – Thermotex Far Infrared Heating Pad
The Thermotex pad is another high quality infrared pad and is less expensive than the UTK (if you’ll choose the small one).
3 Important Differences Between the UTK and Thermotex: The Thermotex pad (the Gold model) can not be folded. The internal elements are rigid and should never be bent.
This means you can’t use it in your car or wrap it around other aching parts of your body. It’s almost impossible for the whole surface of the element to completely touch a “curvy” human body.
The Thermotex Platinum pad, on the other hand, is larger and has 3 sections that allow it to bend around your body. Problem solved (but for extra dollars).
Second, the Thermotex pad doesn’t feature negative ions. Whether this is important or not is up to you.
Third, no Jade stones. Thermotex delivers the infrared rays through carbon fibers, which is just as effective, but carbon fibers emit EMF radiation.
What you Get
1. The Thermotex is made up of multiple 3 x 8 inch pieces sewn together (as in the Platinum, Elbow, and Shoulder models), although there can also be larger size elements as in the Gold, Professional, and Large Shoulder models.
2. Both the electrical Cord and the heat selection Switch are heavy-duty and sturdy. The manual heat control Switch shows “Off,” “Low,” “High,” and “Off”.
I hope you’ve found these far infrared heating pad reviews helpful.
[yellowbox]Note: I thought you’d like to know that the ultimate infrared heating mat is the Richway Amethyst Infrared Heating mat, which I own for more than 2 years and has improved my health immensely.[/yellowbox]
Go here if you’d like to know more about it.
If you have any questions, comments or just an opinion about pain relieving pads – I would love to answer!:)
To your health and happiness,
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog..