The 5 Best Extra Large Heating Pads of 2021
Extra large heating pads are the perfect solution for people who want to cover a large aching area in one treatment and use thermal therapy for pain relief, promoting blood flow and stress relief.
But, how do you find the best large heating pad – for the best price – in 2021?
In this post, you’ll find the best options – compared and reviewed – and where to find the best price for each king size heating pad.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
The 5 king size heat pads below would be great for all kinds of large area pain in your body:
1. Back pain and sciatica pain
2. Leg Pain
3. Fibromyalgia, arthritis, multiple injuries after a car accident, etc.)
These 5 heating pads use different heat therapy types (dry heat, moist heat, or deep heat – infrared heat), and you’ll see the pros and cons of each of them right below.
|Size||Bottom Line||Our Rating|
|Pure Relief XL Heating Pad||12 x 24 inches||Best Value||4.7 stars
Best price on Amazon for XL size
And on HSN for XXL size
|UTK Infrared |
|31 x 21 inches||Best Infrared heating pad|
Weighted (natural stones)
Check Price on Amazon
|Sunbeam King Size|
|12 x 24 inches||Best Seller||4.6 stars
Check Price on Amazon
|BodyMed Digital |
|14 x 27 inches||Best Moist||4.6 stars
Check Price on Amazon
|26 x 35 inches||Far infrared|
$149 at Sharper Image
- 1 The 5 Best Extra Large Heating Pads 
- 2 What is the Largest Heating Pad Available?
- 3 What is the Hottest Large Heating Pad on the Market?
The 5 Best Extra Large Heating Pads 
Extra-large heating pads come in a wide range of prices, mainly due to different features, like different heat options, multiple heat settings, and a removable cover.
Since these high-quality pads can last you for years, you may want to invest a little more in a heating pad with these special features.
Through our research, here are the top 5 large heating pads – reviewed:
1. Pure Relief Heating Pad (Extra Large) Best Value
The Pure Relief XXL heating pad is large enough to cover large muscle groups or the entire back and no less than 6 temperature settings to choose from (with the digital LCD controller), and a moist therapy option for deeper heat penetration.
The highest heat setting is 140F, and the lowest is 105F.
The cover is soft and comfortable (machine washable) and the extra-long cord (9-foot) makes it easy to use from your bed, sofa, or chair.
The Pure Relief heating pad shuts off automatically after 2 hours, which is important if you fall asleep on it, and comes with a storage bag for easy transport.
2. Sunbeam King Size Heating Pad, Dry/Moist Best Seller
- Size – 12” X 24”
- Weight – 1.4 pounds
- Rated number of watts –120V, 180W (watts), 60 Hz.
This popular electric heating pad heats in 30 seconds, has 6 heat settings (so you can pinpoint the most comfortable heat for your needs), and offers both dry or moist heat.[/su_note]
- You can see the progress as the pad heats up in the digital LCD controller
- It offers continuous heat and an adjustable auto-off feature to keep safe.
- Comes with a soft micro-plush cover
- Comes with a 9 feet long power cord
- 5-year warranty and the manufacturer has a live chat in case of any problem.
How Hot Does it Get?
The highest heat setting (6) is too hot to put next to your skin and even too hot to touch. It would require at least one layer of clothing between the pad and your body, I doubt you’ll even use it.
- Can’t be sharply folded (though you can mold it gently to wrap around your joints), the cover is not removable.
(This can easily be solved by getting a replacement heating pad cover, like this one)
✅ Sunbeam XL Heating Pad Price – The Sunbeam large heating pad usually costs more than $30, so if you find it for less than that – it’s a good deal.
3. BodyMed Best Moist
- Size: 14″ x 27″
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Volts: AC90 – 125V, 40 – 60 Hz, 2.6A/330W MAX
This heavy-duty large heating pad allows you to set the exact temperature you want with your controller, and this one gets very hot:
You can set it up to 166F.
- It doesn’t require water: the BodyMed pad uses humidity to produce its own moisture
- Digital LCD controller allows choosing a specific temperature that’s right for you
- Auto shut off after 15 minutes but can be adjusted to up to one hour.
- Soft fleece cover
- Flexible – you can wrap it around your joints
- Cord length: 6’6” (or 78″) from plug to pad, including the controller (thermostat + timer).
- The cover is removable and washable. It has a Velcro strap to make sure it’s folded close to it doesn’t get caught with other garments while laundering.
- 1-year warranty
✅ BodyMed Price – Yes, this one is much more expensive than the Sunbeam heating pad. However, check the 3 different sizes because the price varies greatly.
- The controller doesn’t light up when you use it, and it doesn’t beep when it turns off.
- No option for continuous heat, 60 minutes is the longest setting.
4. UTK Infrared Jade Heat Mat (XL) Best Infrared
Through my extensive research, the UTK large Infrared heating pad is the best (and safest!) large heating pad and the one I recommended to my friends.
While electric heating pads are effective and not expensive, there’s still one thing that concerns me:
They all emit EMF (electromagnetic field) radiation.
Most studies haven’t found a direct link, but none of them were able to rule it out either.
This is especially true when you use a large electric device so close to your body, for a long time.
📢 This is why I’ve recommended an Infrared Heating pad, which emits very low to no EMF radiation at all, and uses Jade or Amethyst stones to deliver the deep penetrating infrared healing waves into your body.
This is why the UTK large heating pad is the winner in this category.
- Size: 31 X 21 inches, about ½ inches thick (yet this only the “medium” size. There’s a giant one that can cover your entire body)
- Weight: 4.8 pounds, includes 126 natural jade stones.
- Wattage: 100 watts
- Standard Voltage: AC120 Volts
The UTK infrared heating pad penetrates 200-300 times deeper into your body without exposure to electromagnetic radiation.
- Uses natural jade stones to deliver deep-penetrating infrared heat
- Relieves stress and boosts energy through negative ions therapy
- Infrared heat makes you produce more sweat than via electric pads (helps to detox)
- Heat is deep penetrating and effective without feeling extremely hot
- Digital controller with auto-shutoff
- Comfortable to lean on and you can sleep on it
- 1-60 heat settings, 50 feels comfortable for most people
- Flexible and can be used to wrap any part of your body
- Built-in timer, but allows for continuous heat
- I’ve found no cons other than the price.
The infrared heating pad is much more expensive than a regular electric one, but in my opinion, the high effectiveness and safety are worth every penny.
✅ UTK Infrared Heating Pad Price – Check today’s price on Amazon
5. Sharper Image Infrared Heating Pad
The Sharper Image extra-large (26″ x 35″) heating pad emits infrared rays via carbon fibers at wavelengths greater than 3000 nanometers (far infrared).
It has no stones in it so it’s lightweight (only 1.72 Lbs) and flexible – can be used on a chair, recliner, etc, and even as a foot warmer.
It has 4 heat settings and the cover is soft and comfortable.
Like all FIR heating pads, the surface does not get hot to the touch, but the heat penetrates deep into your tissues as you lay on it for at least 30 minutes.
✅ Sharper Image Infrared Heating Pad Price – the best price is on the official site
What is the Largest Heating Pad Available?
The largest electric heat pad would be a full-body pad, also known as a heated mattress. Our top recommendation for 2021 is the Ereada infrared heating mattresses – high-end FIR heating pads with negative ions and PEMF magnetism.
The largest size is the 32″L X 20″W one.
What is the Hottest Large Heating Pad on the Market?
The Thermophore MaxHEAT Moist Heat Pack (14″ x 27″) is the hottest XL heating pad of 2021 and can run between 150 to 165 degrees F .
It is slightly weighted, with weights positioned to make it conform to your body and reduce air pockets so more heat is delivered to your body.
This is literally a steaming heating pad, that Produces intense moist heat without adding any water, and the new design comes with simple one-touch control and a 25-minute auto shut-off timer.
No surprise it is one of the most popular large heating pads on Amazon.
It wasn’t easy finding the best extra-large heating pad for my aching friend.
Some heating pads heat quickly, others take longer. Some have heat settings and some offer exact temperature control.
Some have removable covers, and some emit too much EMF.
The list goes on and on.
It’s not like there’s any quick way to compare size and features on most websites.
When I stumbled upon the hidden EMF danger in heating pads, it made me quickly search for an alternative, and that’s how I found the safest one I recommended above.
While this was a lot of work, I truly hope that it has helped my friend and it helps others in the same spot.
You can click any of the images above to find out even more about each heating pad.
To your health and happiness,
The Back Pain Relief Products Team
👉 See the best heating pads for menstrual cramps