The 3 Best Electric Neck and Shoulder Heating Pads & Wraps (2019)
A high-quality neck and shoulder heating pad is undoubtedly one of the best drug-free ways to quickly relieve your neck pain at home.
When you relieve your neck pain, you also prevent those awful headaches.
If you are looking for the best neck heating pad – we recommend choosing an electric heating pad, to keep the thermotherapy effect long enough to work.
In a hurry?
The 3 heating pads for cervical and shoulder pain you’ll find below are all:
1. Electric (keep the heat as long as you want)
2. Designed especially for the neck and shoulder area, high-quality materials.
3. Long enough to wrap around your shoulders
4. Heat up fast
5. Easy to use
We’ve included special features for each neck warmer pad, pros and cons, and our fluff-free reviews to help you decide which one is the best for you.
Here’s what you’ll find in this post:
The 3 Best Neck and Shoulder Heating Pads
What’s the best electric heating cushion/wrap for your neck?
Below you’ll find our top recommendations. Spoiler alert: Number 3 is our personal choice.
If you’re in a hurry, here’s our summary first (we recommend reading on to see the pros and cons of each heating pad):
|Sunbeam 885-911 Heat Therapy Neck and Shoulder Wrap||Chattanooga Theratherm Digital Moist Heating Pad||UTK Neck & Shoulder Far Infrared Heating Pad
|Size||14 x 22 inches||16 x 9.5 x 3 inches||27.6 x 24.6 x 0.5 inches|
|Weight||1.7 lbs||2.6 pounds||2.2 lbs|
|Heat Settings||4 - digital controller||88-166 F||103-159 F|
|Moist/dry heat||Moist+ dry||Moist + dry||Dry deep penetrating infrared heat + negative ions|
|Designed for neck area||Yes||No||Yes|
|Cover material||Polyester||Flannel||soft PU leather (both sides) and non-toxic PP cotton|
|Warranty||1 year||1 year||1 year|
|Best Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
1. Sunbeam Renue Neck Wrap
The Sunbeam neck heating pad is designed as a perfect fit for your neck and shoulders because once you put it on, it stays put.
(It has slightly weighted edges and a magnetic clasp for a secure fit)
It warms up fast and is very comfortable to use.
Size: Size: 14″ x 22
Power: standard 110v
Sunbeam Neck Heating Wrap Pros
1. You can choose from 4 heat settings to find the exact fit for you (through a digital controller)
2. The cover is made from soft micro-plush which feels nice around your neck
3. 2-hour shut off – plenty of time to relieve your neck pain
4. You can choose either dry or moist heat
5. Long electric cord
6. 1-year warranty
7. Fully machine washable
8. Reasonable price
1. It contains magnets, so people with a pacemaker, ICD or an internal insulin pump can’t use it. However, you can remove the magnets from the side flaps and resolve this problem.
2. It’s not the most lightweight neck heating pad (due to the magnets)
Alternatives from the same brand:
Sunbeam has a few more neck heating pads which you can consider:
The XL model is bigger and covers most of your back too (size 25 x 25 inches).
The XL Massaging model has 4 massage options to supercharge your neck pain relief.
2. Chattanooga Theratherm Digital Moist Heating Pad
The Chattanooga Theratherm neck heating pad uses flannel covering which draws moisture from the air and delivers intense heat (88-166 degrees Fahrenheit) to your neck and shoulder area.
Size: 16 x 9.5 x 3 inches
Weight: 2.6 pounds
Power: Standard 110v
Theratherm neck heating pad Pros
1. Lightweight, easy to move around with
2. Flannel covering feels nice on bare skin
3. A digital controller allows you to control temperature and treatment time (up to one hour before is shuts off)
4. UL and cUL classified.
5. Doesn’t get very wet, you won’t need a towel under it
6. The cover is removable and washable
1. The timer can be set to 1-hour maximum, after that you’ll have to turn it on again. However, you can restart the timer immediately.
2. Not designed to wrap the neck
The Theratherm neck heating pad is a very effective neck pain reliever. The deep moist heat seems to penetrate deep into the aches and pains of the muscles.
We give it 4 stars
Consider combining heat therapy with massage therapy in one device. See the 5 best neck massager pillows HERE.
3. ✅UTK Neck & Shoulder Far Infrared Heating Pad (our Choice)
Though it’s the most expensive one in our list, the UTK far infrared heating pad is our [highlight-yellow]#1 choice for a neck heating pad[/highlight-yellow], and here’s why:
1. Far Infrared heat penetrates much deeper than conventional heating pads, and won’t burn your skin.
2. The FIR heat is generated through natural jade stones (healing stones), which emit infrared waves when heated.
3. Zero EMF (electromagnetic field) radiation – a shielding layer around the heating wire reduced EMF to none.
4. The UTK FIR pad generates negative ions. Numerous studies show negative ions produce biochemical reactions that relieve stress, relieve depression, boost energy and boost the immune system.
5. This heating pad has the most solid construction
6. A digital timer with temperature control
7. Fit for travel – both 110-120v and 220-240v and comes with a travel bag.
8. Stays in place – has a Velcro strap on the pad itself
9. We love the material: soft PU leather (both sides) and non-toxic PP cotton
10. Heat: 103℉-159℉ range
11. The timer can be set to 4 hours (!) continuous use and shuts off automatically.
Size: 27.6 x 24.6 x 0.5 inches. Heating area is 10 x 14 inches
Weight: 2.2 lbs
The only thing we don’t like is the price, which is due to the special infrared heat feature. However, it’s worth every single penny and without a doubt the best neck heating pad in the market.
We give it 5 stars
When we watch this page on Amazon, we often come across good sale prices for the UTK heat wrap. If you find it for less than $140 – grab it!
Our conclusion is that the UTK infrared pad is the ultimate neck and shoulder heating pad.
The construction is solid, the infrared heat is highly effective (relieves pain for at least 6 hours, compared to 2-3 hours with the conventional ones) and we love the negative ions effect on our mood.
If you think your health deserves the best then the UTK FIR heating pad is the right choice for you.
We highly recommend all UTK heating pads – The small one for lower back pain, the medium (for the entire back and neck) and the full body detox FIR pad.
Thermotherapy is scientifically proven effective for mechanical neck pain, and using an electric neck wrap is one of the best ways to use this simple and proven pain relief method – at home.
You’ve just found the top 3 neck and shoulder pads in the market, to help you choose the right one for you. our personal choice is the UTK Infrared Heating Pad, which seems to be the highest quality and includes the amazing infrared heat therapy.
👉 If you want to learn more about why infrared heat is superior to conventional heat, see this post now.
We truly hope you found these neck heating pads reviews useful and time-saving. If you have any questions or comments, please share with us in the comments below.
To your health and happiness,
The Back Pain Relief Products Team