What’s the Best Portable Heating Pad You Can Wear (for Back Pain)?
Having your own portable heating pad you can wear anywhere and anytime – can be a lifesaver for anyone suffering from acute or chronic back pain, sciatica, bulging disc, pinched nerve, and arthritis.
📢 The #1 Benefit of a Portable Heating Pad?
It allows you to keep functioning and going about your day – without back pain (or at least much less pain)
You can use a cordless, battery operated or a USB powered heating pad to quickly relieve your aching back – at work, at the office, on a plane while you travel, in your car, and at home – on the go and anytime you want to.
Portable heating pads are compact and lightweight, and you can use them for neck pain, stomach aches, joint pain or just warm your feet and hands in the cold weather.
And now, here are my research results for 2019. Below you’ll find the best cordless heating pad, the best rechargeable hot water, the best USB heating pad, the best heating pad for flights, and the best back heating wraps.
📢 If you’re in a hurry, check out the list below. Under it, you’ll find our full review for each one.
|Portable Heating Pad||Our Verdict|
|BriteLeafs||Best cordless heating pad|
|Hot Shot ||Best rechargeable hot water Bottle|
|Thermacare||Best portable heat wraps|
|MOQY||Best microvaveable moist heat pad|
|Zone Tech||Best heating pad for the car|
|SkyGenius||Best travel heating pad|
- 0.1 1. BriteLeafs – Best Cordless Heating Pad
- 0.2 2. Hot Shot – Best Rechargeable Hot Water Bottle
- 0.3 3. Thermacare – Best Portable Heat Wraps
- 0.4 4. MOQY – Best Microwavable Moist Heat Pack for Back Pain
- 0.5 5. Zone Tech – Best Heating Pad for the Car
- 0.6 6. SkyGenius – Best Travel Heating Pad for Airplane
- 1 How does heat help back pain?
- 2 How to use a Portable Back Warmer
1. BriteLeafs – Best Cordless Heating Pad
The BriteLeafs battery operated (Lithium) heating pad gets our highest rating for a portable heating pad for back pain, and here’s why:
👉This wearable heating pad for back pain is rechargeable, heat lasts for 2-4 hours (depending on the temperature settings), and it uses carbon fibers to deliver far infrared heat – which penetrates deep into your muscles and tissues.
(You can see why infrared heat is superior to regular electric heating pads HERE).
- Far infrared heat penetrates deep (up to 2 inches) into your back and does not only temporarily relieve pain but speeds up healing from any injury you may have.
- The Velcro strap (70 inches) makes it very comfortable to use and stays put on your back no matter how active you are.
- This battery heated back warmer has 2 temperature settings, and the heat can get intense – you can wear over clothes and still feel the heat very well.
- Fit for travel – you can charge in both 110 – 220V outlets or you can also plug into a computer to charge. Also, Lithium batteries are allowed on planes if you take it with you to your cabin.
👉See how this FIR heat pad doubled painless sleep hours for a back pain sufferer HERE.
- Doesn’t come with an extra battery. You can order another one HERE.
- Charging the battery fully may take up to 8 hours.
2. Hot Shot – Best Rechargeable Hot Water Bottle
If you are a hot water bottle person, the Hot Shot rechargeable hot water eliminates the need to boil water (doesn’t need refilling) and once charged, and keeps the heat on for the entire night under your blanket.
It has 6 layers of protection for extra safety and the material is super soft and cozy.
Hot Shot Portable Heating Pad Pros
- Can be used on any part of your body, including hands, feet, stomach, neck and more.
- It warms up super-fast (15 minutes), gets to a great temperature, and stays warm for quite a while.
- Great for use in a car. Charge it at home and use it the car for hours.
- Fair price
- Excellent customer service – if for some reason you won’t like it, Hot Shot will fully refund you – no questions asked.
- You can’t move around with it, you’ll have to sit or lie down with it (on the other hand, it forces to relax and rest)
- You can’t use it on a plane since it’s filled with water
3. Thermacare – Best Portable Heat Wraps
The best thing about the Thermacare heat wraps is that they are fully discrete. They are ultra-thin and you can wear them under your clothes for 16 hours of lower back pain relief.
👉 The air-activated therapeutic heat will last for 8 hours, and you’ll enjoy 8 more hours of pain relief after you took it off.
The Thermacare heat wraps contain heat cells which get activated by air to provide low-level heat for 8 hours straight, but you can only use each wrap – once.
- They stay put – they adapt to your movement while staying close to your skin.
- 8 hours of heat – without recharging or plugging
- 100% portable, non-electric – no cord, battery, recharging
- Discrete – hide it under your clothes and no one will know it’s there
- Can be used on other pain areas in your body – shoulders, knees etc.
- There’s subscription option (subscribe & save) on Amazon
- Each wrap can be used once
Thermacare heat wraps are the best choice for people who want to keep functioning, working and doing chores for 8-10 hours. They are completely discrete, work as advertised and 100% portable. Check today’s price on Amazon.
4. MOQY – Best Microwavable Moist Heat Pack for Back Pain
The MOQY hot pack for back pain is a high quality, 100% portable heat wrap for lower back pain, made in Germany.
Filled with moor mud and covered with 100% cotton, the MOQY heat wrap offers a deep moist heat effect –without any water.
Warming it up to 125°F in the microwave it will stay over 104°F for nearly 110 minutes
To use it as a cold pack, all you have to do it freeze it for an hour.
- 100% portable, non-electric
- Can be used as a hot or a cold pack – microwaveable and freezable
- Made with natural ingredients
- You are completely mobile when you wear it – comes with a Velcro strap
- No EMF radiation
- Quick heat – warming time is between 2:30 and 3:15 minutes
- Can be used as a cold pack for headaches and acute injuries
- Gorgeous and professional packaging and clear instructions
- GMP certified and FDA registered
- 1-year warranty and 30 days 100% money back guarantee
- Needs to be warmed in small steps so it doesn’t get too hot for you, and it’s best to turn it around once, in order to ensure the evenest temperature distribution
5. Zone Tech – Best Heating Pad for the Car
The Zone Tech 12v car heating pad is perfect for relieving back pain when you drive, or just to keep you warm when winter driving.
👉 It comes with straps that make sure it holds in place, which easily slide over almost any car seat, and extra straps and hooks to secure the heated cushion under your seat as well.
All you have to do is plug it in your 12-volt DC outlet, turn it on with the control, set the temperature – and go.
Zone Tech Pros
- Great price – 2 cushions for the price of 1
- Adjustable heat – choose from 2 temperature settings – low/high. High can get to 150 F.
- Infrared heat delivered through carbon fibers – no lumps and wires.
- Fireproof – the cover is UL approved and made with fireproof material
- Light and portable
- Heats up fast
- Universal fit for all vehicles
- Safe for cloth seats
- You’ll need to unplug it before you leave the car because it may drain the battery otherwise.
6. SkyGenius – Best Travel Heating Pad for Airplane
The SkyGenius USB heating pad delivers infrared heat fast via Graphene heating films.
(Graphene is the newest, strongest and thinnest heat conducting material)
👉 Powered by a power adapter (5V2A) you can to it on a plane with you, to relieve back muscle pain on flights.
It comes with adjustable Velcro straps and has 3 temperature settings you can choose from.
- Adjustable heat – 3 heat settings – low/medium/high
- Allows to manage back pain or stomach pain on international airplane travel
- The soothing heat will relieve your pain and help you fall asleep
- Runs for a few hours, depending on the battery strength and charge
- Can also be used in a car – just plug It into the USB
- High user ratings on Amazon
- Must be plugged in to work
- Power bank not included, you can get one that fits HERE
How does heat help back pain?
Back pain mainly happens due to strains and overextensions, creating tension in your muscles and soft tissues around your spine.
This results with restricted blood circulation, which sends pain signals to the brain.
Heat therapy is proven to significantly relieve and heal back pain. Here’s how:
📢 Heat therapy (thermotherapy) dilates the blood vessels of the muscles around your spine. This increases oxygen flow and nutrients to the area, helping to heal the tissues.
Heat also helps reducing transmission of pain signals to your brain, which results with lasting back pain relief.
And last, heat decreases stiffness as well as injury and increases flexibility and overall feeling of comfort.
How to use a Portable Back Warmer
Studies have found the heat therapy works best when used for long periods of time and consistently.
There is no limit on the number of hours you can use your portable heating pad. The minimum would be 30 minutes daily.
Choose a temperature setting that you can tolerate, and makes you feel comfortable.
Do not fall asleep with a heating pad that doesn’t have an auto shut off.
👉 If you at home and don’t have to move around (or at night) – you can use larger, non-portable heating pads that can cover larger areas in your body – for a longer time.
A portable heating pad is a low-cost and proven-effective way to relieve back pain on the go – where ever you are and no matter what you have to do.
There’s no doubt:
Heat therapy works quickly and effectively. It both reduces pain and speeds up healing from any back pain causes – including arthritis, muscle spasms, sciatica, bulging and herniated disc, and degenerative disc disease.
We recommend adding a non-portable, larger infrared heating pad you can sleep on or use while you relax at home. You can see the best infrared heating pads HERE.
To your health and happiness,