The 4 Best Extra Long (72-Inch) Body Pillows in 2020
Extra-long, 72-inch body pillows make a perfect fit for taller people, suffering from back and neck pain, hip pain, or sleep problems in general.
Did you know?
It’s a great and cost-effective investment, to last for years.
Through our research, we’ve found the 4 best 72-inch/60-inch body pillows, reviewed them, and found the best price for them online.
- 1 ✅ The 4 BEST Extra Long Body Pillows (2020)
- 2 Where to Find Extra Long Body Pillow Covers
- 3 3 Things to Consider Before Buying a 72-Inch Body Pillow
✅ The 4 BEST Extra Long Body Pillows (2020)
Here’s a short summary, below you’ll find each long pillow pros & cons.
|Pillowtex||4.3||Jump to full review|
|Leachco Snoogle XL||🥇 4.5||Jump to full review|
|4.4||Jump to full review|
|Blowout Bedding||4.2||Jump to full review|
1. Pillowtex White Goose Feather & Down Body Pillow – 20″ x 72″
The Pillowtex white goose feather pillow is a thicker, firmer body pillow, with 95% white goose feather filling, and 5% down filling – for extra support.
It’s soft yet sturdy – made to last for years.
Its’ main advantage is firmness – this one can last longer and keep the firmness needed for spine alignment – especially for heavier men and women.
It won’t flatten under your weight.
The cover material (100% cotton) is very soft and comfortable, with a 230 thread count.
Cleaning: dry cleaning recommended
Package size: 32.7 x 17.2 x 7.6 inches
- Sturdy, firm, yet soft and comfy
- Thick but not too stuffed
- 3-years warranty
- Does not come with an extra pillow cover (you can get one that fits – HERE.)
- May have quills that poke you, but regularly changing the pillow protector prevents getting poked by feather ends.
2. 🥇 Leachco Snoogle Chic Extra Long Body Pillow
The Leachco 72-inch wrap around full body pillow is our choice for the best XL body pillow for tall people, and here’s why:
- It’s designed to fit your body shape and replaces 5 separate pillows
- The super-sized mid-section is perfect for taller people
- The U-shaped head pillow area can keep you sleeping on your side and your spine aligned and supported the entire night
- It’s medium-firm – soft yet supportive (Polyester blend filling)
- It has an easy on-off zippered cover
- After some time, it does get less firm, but it stays supportive
- It doesn’t come with a replacement cover
3. Company Store Down-Free Fill Body Pillow
The soft and springy 72″ long body pillow from the Company Store is perfect for the taller side sleepers who need soft to medium support for their hips, shoulders, and knees.
The down-alternative fill is soft to cuddle yet firm enough to keep your spine aligned and won’t collapse like other medium-support pillows.
The 100% cotton cover is of high quality, and the company offers a lifetime warranty for this pillow.
Company Store Body Pillow pros
- Soft and feels great, yet supportive for the shoulders, knees, and hips
- Good brand with great customer service
- Fit for people with down sensitivities
- Lifetime warranty
- Not machine washable, spot clean only
✅ See sale price on the official site today
4. Blowout Bedding 60″ Body Pillow (for People 5’10” & Taller)
The last pillow we recommend is still super-sized, but it’s not 72 inches – only 60 inches.
So why did we include it here?
Because it’s longer than the regular-size body pillows (54 inches), and the price is about 50% lower than the first 2 pillows.
So, if you need an extra-long body pillow, and your budget is lower – this one is a good buy.
Filling: 100% Polyester – Machine washable
Size: 20″ X 60″
Blowout Bedding Pros
- Great for people who like soft and fluffy pillows
- You can easily find a replacement cover for it (HERE)
- Relatively low price
- This pillow arrives shrink-wrapped and unfluffy. You’ll have to shake it for about 5 minutes or put it in the dryer with a tennis ball.
- May not be firm enough for some people
Where to Find Extra Long Body Pillow Covers
Since it’s a bit hard to find 72″ pillowcases, we want to make it easier for you. Here are a few good ones:
3 Things to Consider Before Buying a 72-Inch Body Pillow
Here are a few things to consider:
1. Long Body Pillow Firmness
The perfect extra-large body pillow will soft enough to be cuddly and comfortable, yet firm enough to support your back, hips, and neck to attain the right position and align your spine when you sleep.
Just like all pillows, extra-long body pillows are made with different fillings, which determine how firm the pillow is.
For example, Polyester microfiber filling is usually firmer than 100% down filling.
The amount of filling is also a factor – less filling will make a softer body pillow and vice versa.
👉 Want some examples?
2. Body Pillow Filling
Most full total body pillows are filled with one of these 3 types of material:
Down pillows – made with soft goose/duck inner covering feathers. They last longer, are more resilient, have no quills to poke you – and cost more. For example, this one is
Feather pillows – made with the outer covering feathers of the bird, flatten faster, contain quills that may poke you, don’t last as long as down pillows – but cost less.
Feather & down pillows – last longer than 100% feather because of the added down feathers.
For example, the pillow below is 30% down and 70% feathers (20×60 inches)
Polyester (microfiber) pillows – feel squishable and supple, yet denser and firmer than down pillows. Fill will not become lumpy or shift as much as down and feather.
3. Pregnancy Pillow Design – Rectangle/U-Shaped
Most 72-inch body pillows are rectangle-shaped, but we’ve found one good U-shaped body pillow, which is 6 feet (72 inches) from top to bottom.
U-shaped body pillows are designed to follow the natural contour and shape of your body – from head to toe.
Their greatest advantage is preventing you from rolling back to sleeping on your back instead of on your side – fully supported throughout the night.
4. Pillow Cover Material
All the body pillows you’ll find below are made with 100% cotton cover material (though fiber density varies)
In our opinion, a body pillow is a must for any man and woman suffering from back, neck, and hip problems, including Arthritis, Fibromyalgia, slipped discs, disc degeneration, etc.
And taller people deserve a pillow to fit their needs.
After hours of research, we’ve found the best 72-inch body pillows, perfect for aligning the back, knees, and ankles of taller people.
📢 Our #1 choice is the Leachco XL body pillow – with just the right amount of firmness for gentle support, its’ made-to-last design, and the horseshoe-shaped head area, that’ll prevent you from rolling to back sleeping.
👉 For average height women, we have published a post with the top 4 full body pillows for back pain & pregnancy.
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful, and we’re always waiting to read your comments and answer your questions.
To your health and happiness,
The Back Pain Relief Products Team