How & Where to Buy an Inversion Table in 2023 [Buyers Guide]
Buying an inversion table can be a little overwhelming, right?
Which inversion table is best, which one is 100% safe, which one has a reasonable price, which one is the right fit for your body shape and needs, and finally – where to buy an inversion table?
Who sells the best inversion tables for the least price?
Luckily, you’ll get the answers to all of these questions – right here.
This post contains affiliate links, at no extra cost to you.
How & Where to Buy an Inversion Table
Inversion therapy is being used today by everyone from professional athletes to us “regular” back pain sufferers – especially those who are fed up with medication side effects and risks and those who want to prevent back surgeries.
But hanging upside down is not a simple process and should be done using solid and safe inversion equipment – to get the best results while preventing injuries.
For example, since you will be hanging from your ankles, you want an inversion table that will support your full weight.
If it doesn’t, it will break and you will fall off of it and injure yourself.
Before you decide where to buy an inversion table, consider these important factors:
Things to Consider Before you Buy an Inversion Table
👉 In a hurry? see our 2023 updated inversion table reviews!
1. Materials – the inversion table you’ll buy has to be made from nothing else than high carbon steel. Many of the “cheap” inversion tables you’ll find at Walmart, for example, are made with low-quality plastic and can simply be a health hazard.
2. Frame – inversion table frames can be static (like those you find in the gym) or foldable, which are perfect for home use and storage. Most frames specify minimum and maximum weight for users, and some specify the min. and max height too.
3. Adjustable Clamps – you’ll stand (or more like sit) on a platform and secure a clamp around your ankles. Not all feet are the same, so you’ll need an adjustable platform.
4. Comfortable Back Pads – back pads can be thin or thick. Thick pads are more comfortable and some pads have a notch at the top, allowing you to rest face down as well as face up.
Some pads are removable to make it easier to exercise while you are inverting.
5. Motor – in economy-model fitness inversion tables, the user rotates the bed. Premium models are power inversion tables; you can move up or down with the flick of a switch.
6. Controllable Inversion Degree – since inverting must be done gradually, you’ll need an inversion table with controllable inversion degrees. This allows you to start inverting at even just 30 degrees.
Should You Buy a Used Inversion Table?
Inversion tables you get at places like eBay, and other “discount” stores are made very quickly with either plastic or incredibly low-quality metals.
They’re made very cheap. And “cheap” comes with a very high price if (and when) it breaks while you’re on it!
When you buy a quality-made inversion table… there is virtually no risk.
The inversion table you end up buying should be made with NOTHING other than high carbon steel.
👉 We found the best cheap inversion table (under $120) – that’s still high quality and safe!
The 2 Best Inversion Tables for Sale
Through our research, we’ve found the 2 best back inversion tables in 2023.
Both are built with high carbon steel and have most or all the other important features.
1. Teeter Inversion Tables – Best for Low Back Pain
Teeter inversion tables are the best-selling inversion therapy tables for years, and for good reasons.
Teeter Hangups are listed in the UL1647 testing standard; this guarantees key safety requirements to ensure endurance and strength of every unit manufactured.
Teeter is the only inversion system in the world that is UL1647 tested.
They also use specialized features including heat-treated steel, auto-locking hinges, and a special squeak-free roller bearing.
👉 See the top 3 models reviewed and compared in our Teeter reviews!
Note: Teeter allows you to try all their inversion tables for 60 days to see if they work for you. If not, you can return them for a full refund – minus the return shipping cost.
2. Innova Inversion Tables – Best Under $120
The Innova Inversion tables combine effectivity, safety, and a reasonable price for many years now, and are the most popular choice for people who want a good basic inversion table – without any bells and whistles that can hype up the price.
The Innova Inversion tables are our #1 choice for the best ones under $120 – see our full reviews HERE.
Where to Buy an Inversion Table
And now to the answer you’ve been looking for: Where to buy an inversion table?
Here are 3 options, all of them online. That is because the best prices for spinal traction tables are always online.
1. Inversion Tables on Amazon
Hundreds of inversion tables are being sold on Amazon every month, and for good reasons:
1. They don’t sell used inversion tables. I’ve already told you why used inversion tables are dangerous.
2. They are the most credible and trustworthy online store for years.
3. They have a great return policy. You can always send your inversion table back if you don’t like it – and get your money back.
4. They often have great discount prices.
👉 Compare Amazon prices for inversion tables HERE.
2. Inversion Tables on Walmart
Most inversion tables you’ll find on Walmart cost under $200 (the lowest price), and include some popular brands such as Innova, Body Vision, and older models of Teeter Inversion tables. All of them come with free shipping. If you buy from Walmart, we recommend choosing Innova inversion tables.
3. eBay Inversion Tables
eBay is a good place to find used inversion tables. The most obvious benefit is the price. You can find inversion tables for as little as 80$.
But be warned: you’re dealing with unknown individuals. They won’t necessarily tell you the truth about the inversion table’s condition and how much it’s been used.
Remember, a gravity table can be dangerous and cause back injuries if not in optimal shape.
I would strongly advise you to not buy an inversion table on eBay for this reason.
I hope you got all your questions answered. But if you didn’t read the whole article, here’s the point:
1. The inversion table you buy has to be made from high carbon steel. It has to fit your height and weight.
2. The highest quality inversion tables are Teeter Inversion Tables.
3. The best place to buy an inversion table is Amazon. The only place to try an inversion table without paying for it is The Healthy Back Institute.
Wow. This was long.
But I hope it was helpful.
👉 Check out the best spinal decompression machines in 2023!
If you have any questions or comments I’d love to read them in the comment section below.
To your health and happiness,
The Back Pain Relief Products Team