The Complete Inversion Table 2019 Buyers Guide (& Where to Buy)
Buying an inversion table can be a little overwhelming, right?
O.k, very overwhelming.
Which inversion table is best, which one is 100% safe, which one has a reasonable price, which one is the right fit for your body shape and needs and finally – where to buy an inversion table?
Who sells the best inversion tables for the least price?
- 1 Inversion Table 2019 Buyers Guide
- 2 Important Factors in Buying an Inversion Table
- 3 Why Buying a Cheap/Used Inversion Table is Dangerous
- 4 The 2 Best Inversion Tables in the Market
- 5 Where to Buy an Inversion Table in 2019
Inversion Table 2019 Buyers Guide
Inversion therapy is being used today by everyone from professional athletes to us “regular” back pain sufferers – especially those who are fed up with medication side effects and risks and those who want to prevent back surgeries.
But hanging upside down is not a simple process and should be done using solid and safe inversion equipment – to get the best results while preventing injuries.
For example, since you will be hanging from your ankles, you want an inversion table that will support your full weight.
If it doesn’t, it will break and you will fall off of it and injure yourself.
Important Factors in Buying an Inversion Table
1. Materials – the inversion table you’ll buy has to be made by nothing else than high carbon steel.
Many of the “cheap” inversion tables you’ll find on Walmart, for example, are made with low quality plastic and can simply be a health hazard.
2. Frame – inversion table frames can be static (like those you find in the gym) or foldable, which are perfect for home use and storage.
Most frames specify minimum and maximum weight for users, and some specify the min. and max height too.
3. Adjustable Clamps – you’ll stand (or more like sit) on a platform and secure a clamp around your ankles. Obviously, not all feet are the same, so you’ll need an adjustable platform.
4. Comfortable Back Pads – back pads can be thin or thick. Thick pads are more comfortable and some pads have a notch at the top, allowing you to rest face down as well as face up.
Some pads are removable to make it easier to exercise while you are inverting.
5. Motor – in economy-model fitness inversion tables, the user rotates the bed. Premium models are power inversion tables; you can move up or down with the flick of a switch.
6. Controllable Inversion Degree – since inverting must be done gradually, you’ll need an inversion table with controllable inversion degrees. This allows you to start inverting at even just 30 degrees.
Why Buying a Cheap/Used Inversion Table is Dangerous
The price range of (new) high-quality inversion tables ranges from $180 to $450 and more. Buying an inversion table for less than that can be dangerous.
You see, inversion tables you get at places like Walmart, eBay, and other “discount” stores are made very quickly with either plastic or incredibly low-quality metals.
They’re made very cheap. And “cheap” comes with a very high price if (and when) it breaks while you’re on it!
I would never recommend you buy a “cheap” inversion table for that specific reason.
When you buy a quality-made inversion table… there is virtually no risk.
The inversion table you end up buying should be made with NOTHING other than high carbon steel.
The 2 Best Inversion Tables in the Market
Through my research (and personal experience) I’ve found the 2 best back inversion tables in 2019.
(You can also check out our best-selling inversion tables to see what everyone else is buying)
Both are built with high carbon steel and have most or all the other important features.
1. Teeter Hangups – Best for Low Back Pain
Teeter Hangups are the best-selling inversion therapy tables for years, and for good reasons.
Teeter is the only inversion system in the world that is UL1647 tested.
They also use specialized features including heat-treated steel, auto-locking hinges, and special squeak-free roller bearing.
2. Ironman Gravity 4000 – Best for Sciatica
The Ironman Gravity 4000 is another highly popular decompression table, which is a lot less pricey than the Teeter Hangups. But, the features are a bit different and that could be important for you.
👉 See our detailed head to head comparison between the Teeter and the Ironman
Where to Buy an Inversion Table in 2019
And now to the answer you’ve been looking for: Where to buy an inversion table?
Here are 3 options, all of them online. That is because the best prices for spinal traction tables are always online.
1. Inversion Tables on Amazon
Hundreds of inversion tables are being sold on Amazon every month, and for good reasons:
1. They don’t sell used inversion tables. I’ve already told you why used inversion tables are dangerous.
2. They are the most credible and trustworthy online store for years.
3. They have a great return policy. You can always send your inversion table back if you don’t like it – and get your money back.
4. They often have great discount prices.
Here’s a price comparison for the top-rated inversion tables on Amazon (with our rating):
2. The Healthy Back Institute
The well known Healthy Back Institute Website offers a unique benefit you won’t find anywhere else:
You can get a free trial of their high-quality anti gravity table for 30 days – without paying anything but the shipping.
If you don’t like it you can send it back – no questions asked.
It’s the only way I know to try to see how inversion therapy works for you – without paying a cent.
3. Ebay Inversion Tables
Ebay is t-h-e place, as you know, to find used inversion tables. The most obvious benefit is the price. You can find inversion tables for as little as 80$.
But be warned.: you’re dealing with unknown individuals. They won’t necessarily tell you the truth about the inversion table’s condition and how much it’s been used.
Remember, a gravity table can be dangerous and cause back injuries if not in optimal shape.
I would strongly advise you to not buy an inversion table on eBay for this reason.
I hope you got all your questions answered. But if you didn’t read the whole article, here’s the point:
1. The inversion table you buy has to be made from high carbon steel. It has to fit your height and weight.
2. The 2 highest quality inversion tables are Teeter Hangups and Ironman Gravity 4000.
3. The best place to buy an inversion table is Amazon. The only place to try an inversion table without paying for it is The Healthy Back Institute.
Wow. This was long.
But I hope it was helpful.
If you have any questions or comments I’d love to read them in the comment section below.
To your health and happiness,
The Back Pain Relief Products Team