The TOP 3 Teeter Hangups Models – Compared (2019)
Spinal decompression machines are highly effective at reducing acute back pain, and provide long-lasting, often permanent relief that no other treatment can provide.
(Even the U.S. Army uses inversion tables for a quick recovery from injuries during training.)
In 2019, Teeter HangUps are still the best known and best-selling inversion tables in the market.
Since they have more than one model, we wanted to find out the difference between the top 3 best ones, so you can choose the right one for your needs.
In a hurry?
Teeter Hangups VS Other Inversion Tables
First, we wanted to know:
What’s The Difference Between Teeter and Other Inversion Tables?
In one word;
Safety is a major concern when choosing an inversion table. Just imagine the type of injuries you can get from using an unsafe inversion table, or using it the wrong way (more on that below).
It also uses specialized features including heat-treated steel, auto-locking hinges, and special squeak-free roller bearing.
Plus, Teeter is the only inversion table that is an FDA Registered 510(k) Medical Device, and allowed to use for:
- Muscle pain and stiffness
- Back pain
- Degenerative disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Herniated and bulging discs
- Muscle spasms
- Facet syndrome
But still, you’ll have to consult with your doctor before you start using an inversion table.
The 3 BEST Teeter HangUps & Comparison
|Teeter EP-970||Teeter FitSpine||Teeter EP-960|
|User Height||4’8″ - 6’6″||4’8″ - 6’6″||4’8″ - 6’6″|
|Weight||69 lbs||69 lbs||70 lbs|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs||300 lbs||300 lbs|
|Rotation Angles||Preset rotation control (20/40/60 degrees) + full inversion||Preset rotation control (20/40/60 degrees) + full inversion||Preset rotation control (20/40/60 degrees) + full inversion|
|Extended Handle Ankle Lock System||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Folds for Storage||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years|
|Extra Features||Lumbar bridge|
|Price||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
1. Teeter Hang Ups EP-970
The Teeter EP-970 unique feature is the acupressure nodes, which provide trigger-point release while the lumbar bridge supports and focuses spinal traction on the lower back.
What you get:
- The EP line features an innovative “Flex” technology bed. This molded bed flexes with your body, allowing a greater range of motion and exercise during inversion.
- Adjustable foot platform with 2 settings; EZ Angle tether strap; adjustable pillow.
- Instructional DVD, chart, and book
- 300-pound user capacity and fits for people as tall as 6 feet 6 inches.
- Wrap-around ankle cups for an ergonomic fit, and molded bed flexes for comfort and optimized stretch.
- ComforTrak Bed with Hand Grips
- 5-Step Assembly, and folds for Storage
- Dimensions: 45.3 x 28.4 x 61.8 inches ; 65.3 pounds
- 5-year warranty
✅ Teeter EP-970 Best Price
The Teeter EP-970 best price can be found on Amazon. Check the page on Amazon for today’s price.
2. Teeter FitSpine X-Series 2019 Model
This one is the newest model from Teeter, rapidly gaining popularity with its futuristic-looking backrest and stylish appeal.
It comes in 3 models – X1, X2, and X3 – the latter is the one with the most added features.
All of them can accommodate 300 lbs users, with max. height 6’6 inches, FlexTech backrest with an 8-point floating suspension system that moves with you and allows for optimal body “slide” and improved spinal decompression.
Dimensions: 58 x 28.8 x 60.5 inches / 69 lbs.
Here’s more of what you get:
- Precision rotation inversion control
- Acupressure nodes (for trigger point pain relief while inverting), and lumbar bridge
- Ergonomic ankle supports
- EZ-Reach ankle lock lever (X2 & X3 models)
- Long side safety handles (X2 & X3 models)
- Traction handles (X3 model)
- padded headrest
- Rear floor stretch handle
- 5-year warranty
- Instructions in DVD, chart, and book!
✅ Teeter FitSpine Best Price
We check this page on Amazon every week, we often find discounts and sale prices that you won’t find anywhere else online.
3. Teeter Hang Ups EP 960
This model has all the bonuses and added features in the EP series. This makes it the most expensive one of their models (and the highest rated too)
Size – 60 x 58.5 x 28.8 inches
Weight – 73.4 pounds
What you get
- EZ-Reach Ankle System w/ long handle & triple-lock; Ergo-Embrace Supports reduce ankle pressure.
- Stretch Max Handles with angle guide; EZ Angle Tether for pre-set rotation to 20, 40 or 60 degrees
- EZ-Stretch Traction Handles add decompression, easy oscillation, easy release from full inversion
- The 960 model also has longer handles on each side as well as other handles to grip or push for more of a stretch.
- DVD w/ bonus Healthy Back Routines
- 5-year warranty
Teeter Hangups FAQ
👉 Do Teeter Hangups Work For Everyone?
Just like any other health treatment, the answer is no. Many users claim that you will have to pry it from their cold, dead, hands. Others say that they only achieved temporary back pain relief but no long-term cure.
The Teeter company claims a 97% success rate, but you will never really know until you try it yourself, and you’ll know much more after you read these Teeter Hangups reviews,
👉 Which Model Should I Choose? What’s the Difference Between Them?
There are a few minor differences between the Teeter Hangups models, most of them have to do with added features, such as a “ratchet ankle lock system” for more security.
But all the models are about the same size and weight, supporting up to 300 pounds and accommodate people as tall as 6 feet 6 inches.
The EP-960 model is a little bigger and weighs a little more, due to added features you can see listed below.
All the models are reported to feel solid whether you are just at an angle or if you go with the full inversion.
👉 How difficult is Assembly?
All Teeter Inversion tables are easy to assemble and you get an instructional DVD that covers everything. You may need help with unpacking since the parts are a little heavy.
The Teeter Hangups do not require a wrench, as opposed to a few other inversion tables.
The tables are all super high-quality steel construction and are fairly easy to fold up and store.
How to Use Teeter Hang-Ups
Here are a few tips on how to use Teeter inversion tables to get the maximum results:
1. Most people try to fully invert the first time they get on the table. That is a huge mistake. Start slowly at 20-40 degrees angles and work your way up slowly, if necessary.
2. You will only need a few minutes of inverting a day to get back pain relief and decompress the entire back and joints, which can restore optimal function to those areas
3. Teeter Inversion Tables helps with other things too, such as relieving stress, stimulating circulation, improving posture, reducing muscle tension and increasing flexibility.
But you will feel the impact of these only after using it for a while; don’t expect it to happen after 2 sessions.
👉More about the other incredible benefits of inversion tables HERE
4. Inverting may be a little hard on the ankles in you fully invert for more than a few minutes. It’s important to remember that you don’t have to FULLY invert to get the same results as inverting in 30 degrees.
And do not invert for more than a few minutes at a time.
Inversion Table Alternative
📢 If you’re not sure about hanging upside down, you may want to consider using a posture pump instead. See our post – Inversion Table VS The Posture Pump – to find out what’ll work best for you.
The teeter hang-ups are a safe, natural, drug-free and cheap way to dramatically relieve both disc-related and muscle-related back pain.
Check with your doctor before you try this treatment and if you are still not sure, you can see more reviews and check current prices.
What’s your experience with inverting for back pain? share with us in the comments below.
To your health and happiness,
The Back-Pain-Relief-Products Team