Shakti Mat Acupressure Mat
Shakti Acupressure Mat Review (Bed of Nails Review)
Shakti Mat Acupressure Mat for back pain and stress relief00000
2 User reviews
Can lying on a device that mimics a bed of nails finally relieve your back pain? Does it hurt to lie on this seemingly torture tool with thousands of nail-like plastic spikes? You’ll find all the answers in this detailed review of the Shakti Mat.
Shakti Mat Review
The Shakti Mat, also known as “The Swedish Bed of Nails”, is an ancient Indian medicinal tool, based on the theory of acupressure.
As you probably know, our body is lined with pressure points, which, when “pressured”, release pain relieving and stress reducing hormones (endorphins and oxytocin).
The result is an almost immediate relaxation, pain relief and stress relief.
Stimulating these pressure points causes an increased circulation, resulting in a warm feeling (blood is flowing, full of nutrients) and reduced heart rate, indicating relaxation. This makes the Shakti Mat an excellent sleep aid for people having trouble falling asleep due to back pain or just “plain old” insomnia.
Here’s how to get started with the Shakti Mat:
What You Get
The Shakti Mat padded cotton surface has 210 non-toxic plastic “flowers”, with 6000 acupressure points. It is built in a way that it provides equal pressure on all pressure points when it comes in contact with your body.
Dimensions: 26 x 17 x 1 inches; 1 pound
Using the Shakti Mat does NOT hurt. You will feel a prickly sensation, but not in any way pain. Irritation? Yes. Pain? No.
Most users report feeling immensely tired after only 5 minutes of use, despite the irritation. If this mat can relieve your back pain while making you fall asleep – How irritating can it be, right?
How to Use the Shakti Mat
As with any other device, using the Shakti Mat properly is the only way to achieve back pain relief.
1. Be careful with the cactus like flowers on the surface of the mat, they can hurt your fingers if you’re not careful.
2. The first session has to last for 20 minutes. Wear a cotton T-shirt the first time you use the mat, to get used to the discomfort. Each session afterwards should last between 20 to 40 minutes, once every day.
3. You will feel a prickly but not painful sensation when you lay on the mat, followed by a wave of flushing warm heat. It instantly relaxes you.
4. After about 5 minutes, you will feel so relaxed you’ll find yourself nodding off, despite the constant irritation.
5. Do not put away the Shakti Mat if you don’t experience pain relief after the first session. This is not medication, it’s a natural method and it’s not a magic potion. Give it at least 5 sessions before you determine if it helps your back pain. Each time you will use it, you will feel the pain lessen.
6. People that have heart problems, high blood pressure and pregnant women should NOT use the Shakti mat.
See Amazon Users Rating
This is a very small investment for a back pain and stress relieving natural device. Amazon offers it a great discount right now.
We hope you found this Shakti Mat Review helpful!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog..