Wellness Mats Anti-Fatigue Gel Mat Reviews & Rating 2017
Last updated: April 2017. Here’s how I got to write this Wellness Mats review:
I love cooking.
I spend about 3-4 hours in the kitchen every day – mixing, chopping, baking, and washing dishes.
In spite of supportive shoes and lots of stretching, my back pain and sore ankles keep coming back every day.
My best friend has the same problem. Her work requires long periods of standing, and even stretching every hour doesn’t seem to help.
We both heard great things about gel mats, and especially the Wellness Mat, but we were a bit surprised to find out that even the little Wellness Mat (or any other brand) costs about $100.
Are these kitchen gel mats worth the high price tag or are they just an over-priced gimmick?
I’ve decided to find out. I bought the small Wellness Mat for my kitchen and here’s my Wellness Mats Review and conclusion.
Table of Contents
First: Why Does Standing Cause So Much Pain?
Standing for a long period of time – whether it’s for cooking, doing loads of laundry or working – causes stress to your whole body, starting with your feet, joints and lower back.
This is even more true for people who had knee or back surgeries, new moms who haven’t slept all night yet must cook in the morning and every person that has to stand to make a living.
(Read more about more natural ways to prevent back pain from standing)
Our Wellness Mats Review
- Wellness Mats are made of 100 percent polyurethane, which makes them guaranteed to lie flat, never delaminate and curl up at the edges, never compress or wear through.
- Each mat has a shock-absorbing gel core that cradles your feet providing extra support and cushion.
- They are resistant to punctures, tears, abrasions and stains which keeps them looking good as new for years.
- There are 9 different colors you can choose from. I love the burgundy.
- There are 6 different sizes you can choose from. The best-selling one is the 36 x 24 inches.
- They are made in the USA
- They can be safely used on hardwood floors, they don’t absorb any water and are easily cleaned/vacuumed.
- They are non-toxic and PVC and BPA free.
2. Does the Wellness Gel Mat Relieve Back Pain and Sore Muscles?
I felt a difference from the first minute I stood on my mat. It feels great to stand on it, whether you are in your shoes or barefoot (my favorite for cooking…).
For the first time in years I could really enjoy my daily cooking and felt a dramatic relief in my back pain, sore ankles and sore leg-muscles.
Let me say this to you – cooking in comfort – there’s nothing like it.
My friend followed along and bought one for her standing work. She reported:
It makes a real difference to my creaky, aging hips. I can’t imagine another work day without my new best friend.
Take a closer look at the Wellness Mats below:
For me and my friend these mats relatively high price is highly justified. Is paying 100 dollars to cook/work without back pain worth it?
Is it worth it to you? It depends.
If you spend more than an hour standing still, whether in your kitchen, your laundry room or at work – We would definitely say that a Wellness mat is worth every penny you spend on it.
If you are prone to back pain or sore body, this is a must for you.
As for finding the best price, you can find great deals on Amazon right now, just browse around. We really liked the Wellness Mats because of their style and finish, but also for the 20-year warranty.
Since we always like to spread the love, we started buying these mats as birthday gifts for our stay-at-home-mom friends. They love it!
What’s your experience with relieving back pain from standing? let us know in the comments below.
To your health and happiness,
The Back Pain Relief Products Team